The Meaning of a "Unique Wedding"

So many couples have come to me, asking that I help them make their wedding "unique"...not like any other wedding they have seen. My answer to this request is always this: You're wedding will be unique, because we're going to make it all about you. We're going to tell your story- not anyone else's. So therefore, no one will have ever seen details like this. As a wedding planner, this is my ultimate campaign- I say do whatever makes your heart happy, and make sure that it always stays about you and your fiance. Often, many couples will have a cute idea, but they ask me if it will be weird if it's in their wedding. But I always say if it says something about your relationship, about how you got to this point, then by all means put it in! Who cares what Emily Post says about what *should* be in your wedding- if your guests walk away from your party, saying, "that wedding was so all about them, so meaningful", then you have accomplished what no jordan almond, paper bell, or traditional walk down the aisle ever would.
Meet Kristan and Ryan. I was so thrilled to have been a part of their day. Their wedding really was the epitome of making the wedding all about you. Being music enthusiasts, the bridal party walked down the aisle to the tunes of Elvis Presley, The Beatles, and Beck, to name a few. They asked the dj to only play off of their song list- one they painstakenly comprised of only artists and titles they as a couple loved. Everything- from the decorations, to their bridal party (including their "Dude of Honor" and their "Best Woman"!), every single guest was transported to Kristin and Ryan's world. And I don't think anyone will ever forget their wedding, I know I won't! Thanks Kristin and Ryan for letting me be a part of this!
All photos courtesty of Soiree.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails