Feature Friday | Meet Yellowline Photography


This week's feature post is about another Boise wedding and fashion photographer, Dan from Yellowline Photography. Dan is hands down one of the most interesting people I've come to know- in a good way! His style and demeanor, sincere care for his couples and their day, and his all-around great personality is always welcomed on a wedding day. When I first met Dan I remember thinking how it was nice to have a photographer like Dan in my referral file- his photography style is an eclectic mix of classic and edgy, and that's just what many brides were looking for. That's why we're so excited to be featuring Yellowline Photography today; and we know you'll appreciate his honesty, humor, and his take on living life as he talks with us. Enjoy!

- How long have you been photographing weddings? I started shooting weddings in the spring of 2008 due to a chance encounter with Mira Piva in A Minds Eye Tattoo. Her fiance was getting some work done, and she told me she could get me connected in the wedding industry. bataboom batabing. It's all about who ya know. :)

- What's your favorite thing about weddings?
The personality. The individualism. The discoveries I get to make. The whole motion behind the day. Its so often like a song or poem with an intro and chorus and complexity and melody. I have the honor of being a central aspect of the designated beginning of a relationship. It gives me energy and I like it.

- Tell us one thing about yourself we'd be surprised to learn about you?
I streaked a lot my freshman year of college. at a Nazarene university. One time i almost ran over some freshman girls in the buff... needless to say, they never looked at me the same again. We did not become friends.

- Favorite color?
I just love color in general. I love color splashes in my photos. Dark clothes, dark setting, green tie, green eyes. I think its beautiful and gripping.

- Tully's, Moxie, or Starbucks?
TULLY'S wholeheartedly. Not because of their coffee. It just happens to be the closest to my house. I started going to the one in BoDo { Boise Downtown } a year or so ago, and I felt like a social loafer because I couldn't afford coffee at the time, so I never spoke. I was just this random creeper that came in for wordless hours at a time to work on his computer. But now we're all a big happy family.

- Recommend a book we should read?
Hecka yesa. I love to read. I just started "Bodies in Motion and at Rest" by Thomas Lynch, and its shaping up to be a winner. I just finished "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera and his understanding of romantic relationship blows my mind. Before that I read, "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl. Again, a mind blower. READ IT. :)

- What (or who) can't you live without? (product, article of clothing, personal item, person in your life, etc)
I'm pretty sure I'd have a hard time living without music. I adore it. it moves and guides me in ways that little else can. Currently I'm in adoration of CocoRosie, Ringside, Sea Wolf, (and always and forever) David Bazan.

- Tell us about a time you either made a mistake & learned from it, or felt fear or doubt (either in your personal life or business) and overcame it?
Well I wrote a little "about me" on my webpage that describes my fears involved in starting my own business. Self-doubt and fear of failure can be a difficult beast to wrestle.

Dan's Website: Yellowline Photography

Thanks again to Dan for talking with us and letting us get to know you a little better. Check back on Tuesday for his expert photography tips and some features of his work; in the meantime, we're going to check out these books he recommended- we're intrigued!

~Happy Planning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails