Four Seasons

How appropriate is this post? Not only is it officially our 400th post (!) but we're talking about a book by Isadore Sharp called Four Seasons: The Story of a Business Philosophy. This business read has been one of the most influential I've come across so far; a different view on business, sheer belief in oneself, and the courage to just be different are just some of the reasons to pick up the book.

Photobucket

The book is part biography of a builder-turned-hotelier, and part education in positioning yourself in the market, setting yourself apart, and branding. The Four Seasons brand has become one of the most recognized in the world, synonymous with luxury and high end service, and through recessions, doubt, and smart business decisions, Isadore and the Four Seasons company pushed forward with their pricing and mission. The part that I love the most about this book is that whether you want to position yourself as a high end wedding vendor, or if you speak more to the lesser budgets, this book will teach you how to do it. Find your mission, what you stand for, and go for it- don't pay any attention to the naysayers and just follow your gut. Then, put customer service first and foremost and you're sure to succeed.

Because this book has helped me so much (I've already read it twice since January), and in honor of our 400th post we'd like to gift someone with this book. All you have to do is comment about your favorite business book and the winner will be chosen randomly on Monday June 20th, at Noon MST. Good luck!

2 comments:

Tana Photography said...

When I graduated from college my dad gave me a copy of the famous Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy. It’s a book with timeless ideas on selling and I always remember it’s statement about women being the main consumers to focus on. My copy is old, has coffee stains on it, and probably stashed in a dark corner of the bookshelf. I think I need to dig it up!

Moya & Clint said...

The Tipping Point is still one of my favorites. I've read it 3 times and plan to read it again this summer. It's pretty amazing how the author talks about different types of leaders. It's a must read

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails