Happy Thanksgiving

It's finally here- the day we've been talking about all month. Today I am looking forward to spending the day with my superexcited little boy, family and friends, and just relaxing. We spent the week gearing up for the festivities, including our first annual DIY clay ornaments. We are introducing another Christmas tree in our upstairs family room-one that will be lovingly dubbed "the family tree"- and with the arrival of baby boy number two early next year, we thought it would be a lovely little tradition to start. This tree will have all of the homemade ornaments, crafts, and colorful additions that I'm sure will be coming my way soon enough. That way the kids have their fun tree and I can still have my big, fancy tree downstairs in our formal living room.


I'd love to know..what are your favorite holiday traditions? Anyone do Elf on the Shelf? He'll be arriving as our holiday house guest tomorrow, and we'll start the decking of the halls this weekend.

***

And finally, today, some of my most favorite things that I am thankful for this year:

- My husband, who continues to be my best friend and my strongest rock. This pregnancy was rough in the beginning and I wouldn't have made it through without his support. 

- This baby in my belly. Four years later we are so blessed to be welcoming another beautiful addition to our family. 

- My team I work with. I told Annie this year how coming to the realization years ago that I really couldn't do this without them was key to our success. Girls, I can't thank you enough for taking Soiree and treating it like your baby too. And thank you always for your kind words you say to me, and your encouragement- it means the world to me. 

- My clients. Cliche, I know, but as I thought about this, they are the ones that continually push me to be better. 

With that, here's to wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving, and we'll be back next week!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails