Feature Friday | Meet Pamela's Bakery

Today's feature Friday is all about the good stuff- cake, sweets and espresso. Pamela's Bakery is a posh little cafe nestled in Eagle, Idaho. During the week guests come for breakfast, a snack, or just drop by for a coffee. On the weekends bakery owner Pamela becomes an artist, crafting one of a kind cakes for weddings and special occasions. We love that no matter what you step into Pamela's Bakery for you'll be met with quality. Good food, great coffee, and spectacular cakes- what more could you ask for?





- How long have you been baking wedding cakes?

I have been baking and decorating wedding cake for about five years.

- Tell us one thing about yourself we'd be surprised to learn about you?

I don't like any kind of buttercream. *Gasp*

- What's your favorite thing about weddings?

My favorite thing about weddings is the love, hope, and future that they represent.
As a cake designer, I love the challenge of designing a wedding cake that is a unique reflection of the couple.

- Favorite color?

Grayish blue

- Tully's, Moxie, or Starbucks?

Pamela's Bakery Cafe Espresso, of course!

- Recommend a book we should read?

Ooohhh.....so many choices! I love to read! My favorite book is Atlas Shrugged.

- What (or who) can't you live without? (product, article of clothing, personal item, person in your life, etc)

I think that I could live without pretty much anything except my family!

- Tell us about a time you either made a mistake & learned from it, or felt fear or doubt (either in your personal life or business) and overcame it?

I feel like I'm learning from the small (and big!) mistakes that I make every day. Opening a business saturated me with tons of fear and doubt.
I had to (and have to every day) realize that I am a talented and capable person, and I will make mistakes-- but I have to try anyway. I had to take life
one day at a time, and with every day it got a little easier. I learned a little more. I challenge myself constantly in preparation for what the future holds.
I believe in practice, planning, organizing, and living by the motto "Just do it." Sometimes I fail. A lot of times I don't. But I always try.

*****************


Thanks Pamela for taking the time to share some details about yourself with us. Pamela will be back on Tuesday to share her tips for designing and selecting your wedding cake. We'll also be showcasing some of her portfolio- her cakes are stunning!


Visit Pamela's website here.

~Happy Planning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails