Feature Friday | Meet Tana


Welcome to our first kick off to our Feature Fridays series! I'm not sure who will love this series more- me or you- because I'm even learning things about our featured vendors I hadn't known about before.

To begin our lineup, we start with the lovely Tana Urizar, the creative mind and eye behind the camera of Tana Photography. Tana and I first met in 2007, while working together on Maggie and Rex's Manhattan Chic wedding. The first impression I remember (very well) was how calm she was and what a great demeanor Tana had while working. Since then, we've worked with her several times, and each wedding just gets better and better. And finally, some tidbits about Tana:

- How long have you been photographing weddings?

My first wedding was ten years ago. The bride was a good friend of mine- she already trusted me which allowed me to just run free. I showed her some of the portrait images later that same day and she was so happy she cried. I’d found the type of photography that was my niche- it was a great day!

- What's your favorite thing about weddings?


I have three fav’s! I love the creative pressure that’s all wrapped into one day. There are no re-do’s and somehow that works for me. I love being around relationships and all the different people that make up a wedding day. And I love that each wedding is a whole new ball game. New people, beautiful things, different styles.

- Tell us one thing about yourself we'd be surprised to learn about you?


I’ve collected button pins since I was a young grade-schooler (political, kids clubs, pop culture). I’m an official member of the Archie Fan Club and the Sugar Bear Ecology Club.


- Favorite color?


Salmon pink- the color of my grandmother’s Dior nail polish.

- Tully's, Moxie, or Starbucks?


I have a Starbucks card I picked up in Hawaii that I just keep reloading. It’s like a souvenir I see every day.

- Recommend a book we should read?


The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook. Everyone should know how to stop a runaway horse.

- What (or who) can't you live without? (product, article of clothing, personal item, person in your life, etc)


I can’t live without my nieces: the aspiring photographer, pastry chef and veterinarians

- Tell us about a time you either made a mistake & learned from it, or felt fear or doubt (either in your personal life or business) and overcame it?


I’ve tackled some big steps in my work like submitting to a large magazine, or contacting someone important in the big city, with the attitude that I have nothing to lose. If I didn’t attempt it…I would miss the opportunity and if I attempt it and fail, I wouldn’t have had it in the first place. Sometimes I wait for that wild burst of bravery and just go for it. Somebody’s going to do it- why not me?


Thanks for sharing some tidbits about yourself Tana! By the way- Tana's work is also featured on the Elizabeth Anne Designs blog. See some of her featured weddings here, here, and here. Tana will be back on Tuesday for some expert tips on your wedding day photography- be sure to check back!


Tana Photography

Website: www.tanaphotography.com

Visit Tana's Blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tana is an amazing photgrapher. She is so comfortable and creative with what she does; which really makes the wedding day relaxing. Her work is incredible. Thanks for the interview and letting us in on her :)

Janet said...

What a great 1st feature and you couldn't have interviewed a better photographer!! I've known Tana for awhile now, and I still learned something new about her in this article. Not only is Tana an amazing and gifted photographer, but she is also one of the most genuine and kind women I've ever met. The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook is so Tana--always be prepared because you never know what might happen! But a runaway horse?!! Oh, Tana!

Anonymous said...

Tana is a very creative and talented photographer. She photographed my wedding and I never noticed where she was! She was so skilled at being almost invisible yet taking the most beautiful photographs. My favorite photograph she took is of my Dad looking thoughtful as he considered what to say for his toast to me and my new husband. My Dad has passed away now and that photograph is even more dear to my heart. I've known Tana for almost 30 years and I enjoy her as a person, friend and photographer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails